SP840-Az: Managed Delta Lake (Azure Databricks)
This hands-on self-paced training course targets Data Engineers, Data Scientists and Data Analysts who want to use Managed Delta Lake for ETL processing on data lakes. The course ends with a capstone project building a complete data pipeline using Managed Delta Lake.
NOTE: This course is specific to the Databricks Unified Analytics Platform (based on Apache Spark™). While you might find it helpful for learning how to use Apache Spark in other environments, it does not teach you how to use Apache Spark in those environments.
3-6 hours, 75% hands-on practical experiences
Format: Self-paced eLearning
The course is a series of seven self-paced lessons plus a final capstone project building a complete data pipeline using Managed Delta Lake. Each lesson includes hands-on exercises.
This version of the course is intended to be run on Azure Databricks.
Note: Access to a Databricks workspace is not part of your course purchase price. You are responsible for getting access to Databricks. See the FAQ for instructions on how to get access to an Databricks workspace.
During this course learners
- Use the interactive Databricks notebook environment.
- Create, append and upsert data into a data lake.
- Use Managed Delta Lake to manage and extract actionable insights out of a data lake.
- Use Databricks advanced optimization features to speed up queries.
- Seamlessly ingest streaming and historical data.
- Implement a data pipeline using Managed Delta Lake.
- Introducing Delta Lake
- Capstone Project
- Primary Audience: Data Engineers
SP800: Getting Started with Apache Spark™ DataFrames Azure
- Please be sure to use a supported browser.
This self-paced training course may be used by 1 user for 12 months from the date of purchase. It may not be transferred or shared with any other user.