Databricks Certified Associate Developer for Apache Spark 2.4
The Databricks Certified Associate Developer for Apache Spark 2.4 certification exam assesses an understanding of the basics of the Spark architecture and the ability to apply the Spark DataFrame API to complete individual data manipulation tasks.
The Databricks Certified Associate Developer for Apache Spark 2.4 certification exam assesses the understanding of the Spark DataFrame API and the ability to apply the Spark DataFrame API to complete basic data manipulation tasks within a Spark session. These tasks include selecting, renaming and manipulating columns; filtering, dropping, sorting, and aggregating rows; handling missing data; combining, reading, writing and partitioning DataFrames with schemas; and working with UDFs and Spark SQL functions. In addition, the exam will assess the basics of the Spark architecture like execution/deployment modes, the execution hierarchy, fault tolerance, and garbage collection.
The minimally qualified candidate should:
- have a basic understanding of the Spark architecture
- be able to apply the Spark DataFrame API to complete individual data manipulation task, including:
- selecting, renaming and manipulating columns
- filtering, dropping, sorting, and aggregating rows
- joining, reading, writing and partitioning DataFrames
- working with UDFs and Spark SQL functions
It is expected that developers that have been using the Spark DataFrame API for six months or more should be able to pass this certification exam.
While it will not be explicitly tested, the candidate must have a working knowledge of either Python or Scala. The exam is available in both languages.
The following Databricks courses should help you prepare for this exam:
- DB 105 - Apache Spark Programming
- Quick Reference: Spark Architecture
- Future self-paced course on the Spark DataFrames API
In addition, Sections I, II, and IV of Spark: The Definitive Guide should also be helpful in preparation.
The exam details are as follows:
- The exam consists of 60 multiple-choice questions. Candidates will have 120 minutes to complete the exam.
- The minimum passing score for the exam is 70 percent. This translates to correctly answering a minimum of 42 of the 60 questions.
- The exam will be conducted via an online proctor.
- During the exam, candidates will be provided with a PDF version of the Apache Spark documentation for the language in which they are taking the exam and a digital notepad for taking notes and writing example code.
Other exam details are available via the Certification FAQ.
Please find tech requirements and preparation instructions on Kryterion’s Online Proctored Exam Support page.
To register for this certification please click the button below and follow the instructions to create a certification account and process payment.